Service and maintenance are vital to your air conditioning systems performance and prolonging its life. Particularly after times of heavy use such as during the hotter months. It is especially important for the health benefits of the building occupants and preventing possible breakdowns. Regular maintenance can also prevent any build-up of mould or bacteria. Air conditioners work at their best when serviced on a regular basis. By keeping all parts in good working order the unit can function at optimum levels and last for much longer than a unit that hasn’t been maintained over its life.
Airdoctor heating and cooling services highly recommends that your heating and cooling systems have a preventative maintenance service quarterly and at a minimum biannually. Regular preventative maintenance has numerous benefits for not only the life of your system but also for your back pocket.
The benefits include:
- Increased dependability and reliability on your system
- Cleaning of filters and parts which when dirty can cause strain and damage to a system
- Find potential problems that can be rectified promptly before additional and serious damage to your system is caused
- Provide maximum efficiency which lowers energy costs
- Prolongs the life-span of the equipment
- Maintains safe and healthy operation
- Helps protect the environment
- Drastically reduces the chance of a break-down which usually happens at night or on weekends when repair rates are higher or when you need your system the most.
Our routine preventative maintenance services are thorough and cover the following aspects:
- Check for correct amount of refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
- Capture any refrigerant that must be reclaimed from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere
- Check for and seal duct leakage in central systems
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
- Oil motors/ bearings and check belts for tension and wear
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat
- Cleaning of return air filters, condenser and evaporator coils, drains etc.
While all components of an air conditioning system need regular maintenance, the filters require more frequent attention. It’s very important that the filters are cleaned on a regular basis not only to increase the efficiency of your system, but also to maintain a healthy environment.
We come to you free to discuss the best preventative service and maintenance contract to suit your needs, call and ask us today what we can offer you and your business.
Regular maintenance can help your air conditioning system to run effectively for longer, save you money and help prevent any small issues becoming expensive repairs.